The asset integrity strategy for unpiggable sections of the Braemar 2 Gas Pipeline comprised of a direct assessment program following AS2885.3 four-element approach and adopting the NACE Standards for Internal Corrosion Direct Assessment (ICDA) and External Corrosion Direct Assessment (ECDA) as a guideline.
- Formulated integrity assessment program basis and strategy incorporating the long term asset management requirements of the unpiggable sections of the Braemar 2 Gas Pipeline.
- Segmented the pipeline into different regions based on pipeline design, construction, and operation history which enabled the development of a risk-based approach supporting future operation of the pipeline.
- Completed the following activities with zero harm, on time, and on budget:
- ECDA Indirect Inspection (i.e DCVG and CIPS)
- ECDA Direct Examination at 13 Locations
- ICDA Indirect Inspection (multiphase flow calculations using pipeline characteristics, historical operation data, and pipeline elevation profile)
- ICDA Direct Examination at 13 Locations
- This program subsequently enabled a 10 years life review and continued safe operation in compliance with AS2885 and P&G Act.